Yoga for Better Sex: 7 Poses That’ll Boost Your Sex Drive
A low libido is never fun but there are solutions you can try to get it back up again – literally. Learn about yoga for better sex and the poses you should try.
Keyword(s): yoga for better sex
Any man will tell you that a low libido—or sex drive—is not fun. Besides the desire to have sex, low libido usually leads a guy to feel down in the dumps.
And the problem is, a lot of things can make lead to a low libido.
Things like too much (or too little exercise, prescription medications, stress from work or your personal life, diet, and even relationship problems can make it hard to get, well, you know.
Fixing a low sex drive, though, is possible. And it can be fixed naturally, without any prescription medicines. For example, daily practice of yoga might help you get back to your old, virile self.
Yes, you read that right—you can do yoga for better sex. Here’s how.
How Is Yoga Going To Help?
Exercise, in general, is good for boosting your sex drive. Increasing blood flow helps to oxygenate your body, give you more energy, and secrete hormones like testosterone and human growth hormone that are all helpful for your libido.
Yoga in particular is good for boosting your sex drive for a few reasons. It’s a form of exercise that promotes stillness, strength, and stamina, as well as learning to listen to your own body. Yogis become more attuned to their body’s needs, which might help awaken the “beast”, so to speak.
Basically, you need to be relaxed to have good sex. And yoga will relax you. Being overweight can also lead to a low sex drive, and yoga has been proven to help with weight loss.
Here are 7 postures you can try—in class or at home—to help boost your sex drive.
Cobra is one of the most recognizable yoga poses, because it’s almost identical to the “upward” dog position. The only difference is that your knees are on the floor with cobra.
Try cobra, or even downward dog, to help lengthen your spine and open your hips. The pose gives you more control over your pelvis, which down the road can help with your thrusting ability.
To do it:
- Lie on your belly with your hands by your ribs.
- Press your hands into the floor, bringing your torso up off the ground. Your legs stay on the floor.
- Get your shoulders away from your ears (don’t slouch). Hold this position for 30 seconds or more.
Interestingly, most of the yoga poses on this list that we’re calling “sexual yoga” poses are actually just beginner movements. But the way yoga works to open your mind and body up, they will be quite effective.
Bridge is an example. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your back with your heels flat on the floor.
- Bring your pelvis to the sky. Hold at the top and squeeze your glutes.
You can do bridges as an isometric exercise, meaning that you hold at the top for a long time. Or do several short reps where you pause at the top, slowly go back to the bottom, then rise up again. The latter will help increase circulation to the muscles around your genital area.
3. Standing Bow Pose
Standing bow pose opens up your hips, shoulders, and obliques. It’s a full-body posture that requires focus and clear mind, which makes it useful for increasing your libido. Since stress is a common sex-drive killer in men, anything you can do to focus on the present moment might be a game changer for you.
- Grab your ankle firmly.
- Bring knees together, raising one arm up and stretching toward the ceiling.
- Charge your body forward — your leg goes behind you as your torso goes forward.
- “Kick” your hand into your feet to maintain balance.
- Repeat on the other side
4. Happy Baby
Perhaps a strange name for the “sexual yoga” pose series, but happy baby is a good pose for relaxing your breath and releasing lower back tension.
- Lay on your back.
- Bring your toes to the sky, bending your knees (like a baby lying on it’s back)
- Grab your toes with your hands.
- Gently rock back and forth.
Plow is an extension of happy baby. When you see it done, you’ll see it has sex and yoga written all over it. It’s another great movement for reducing back tension and practicing breathing.
- Lay on your back
- Bring your hips up to the sky with straight legs.
- Slowly and gently, bring your heel behind your head. You’ll feel pressure on your upper shoulders and neck, so be cautious your first time.
- Find a comfortable position and rest there.
Opening up your inner thigh muscles and hips is important. These muscles are often neglected during workouts and get tight when you sit too long.
To do butterfly:
- Sit on your butt.
- Bring your heels together. Try to bring them as close to your butt as possible, allowing your legs to open up and feel the stretch.
You can extend this exercise by lying down — this is called reclining butterfly.
When you think about using yoga for sex, you might discount the importance of breathing. Postures help stretch your body, but there’s a reason correct breathing technique is the foundation of all yoga. Science shows it puts you into a state of relaxation.
This is a simple belly breathing exercise you can use to relax.
- Lay on your back with your legs straight and your hands resting by your side.
- “Glue” your ribs to the floor — your lower back should be touching the floor.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose. Watch your belly expand. If your chest expands, your ribs are not glued.
- Exhale through your mouth, then repeat.
Try doing this once a day, either when you wake up or before bed, for 3 to 5 minutes. You’ll be surprised how great you feel when you’re done, and what that can do for your sex drive.
Yoga for Better Sex: Wrap Up
Low libido isn’t fun for any guy, but using yoga for better sex is totally possible. Yoga is the ancient practice of breathing, relaxing, and opening up your body. You’ll become more attuned to how you feel and improve the health of your muscles, both of which can increase sex drive.
Interested in learning more about men’s sexual enhancement? Contact us.